Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Food Hunt: T.O.S (Taste Of South), De Garden, Ipoh Garden


Hello,

Welcome back to yet another food hunt action as I have reached Ipoh for a 3 day visit where my family is here and I was here to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. I would also would like to take this golden opportunity to visit De Garden, one of the newest landmark situated in Ipoh Garden where Food & Beverage can be found here including Papparich, Ayam Penyet, Burger King and many more.

I have invited my old long friend Joanne Lau to come out together for a yumcha session since so long we did not meet. We have decided to step into De Garden and try out T.O.S Cafe (Taste Of South) as I got the recommendation from her. We reach there restaurant at about 10.30pm and once we sat down, we received a warm welcome from the waitress over there as she brought us the menu. We looked at the menu and Joanne pursue the waitress to intro to us some great light food over there as our snack menu since it's very late already.

Once I look into the menu, I saw they actually served western food, mee, chinese food, toasts and some other interesting drinks. Their concept is like Papparich where they served the food described above. It took us about 10 minutes to look into the menu to decide what to eat for our light snacks. Joanne had ordered French Fries and Half Boil Egg. For me, I've ordered only Banana Smoothies and Joanne ordered Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothies. Overall, the food was great too especially the drinks. The French Fries meanwhile was nice when consume with the tomato sauce which mixed together with the Thousand Island sauce. The half boil egg was normal. Both Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothies & Banana Smoothies was very nice indeed with special taste. Banana lovers, I guess you would love this drink as it was not too sweet and nice to consume. Please see photos. The price meanwhile was just as standard as other major cafes and it's not cheap nor too expensive. The bill came and it costs us about RM21.80 (plus tax).

According to other blog that I've visited about this restaurant comment, they said that the food here was nice and you should give it a try. I did not get a chance yet because I was here during yumcha time where it's already late at night. If you visit Ipoh or you stay here permanently, just give it a try on T.O.S at De Garden in Ipoh Garden. I trust the bloggers comment on this restaurant and what they is is true. A good and cozy place for fine dining, yumcha and having party here too. Give it a try folks! :) MY RATING: 4/5 ; JOANNE RATING: 4/5

*Food & drinks is based on the food we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Address:

13, De Garden,
Jalan Teh Lean Swee,
31400 Ipoh,
Perak, Malaysia.

Telephone : 605-549 5393, 6012-212 8813 (Alan)
Business Hours: 11.00 am - 12 midnight

No comments: