Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Lifestyle: Caltex With Techron


Dear All,

Welcome back to yet another petrol testing column where after testing several petrol such as BHPetrol Infiniti 2X and Petronas Primax 95 Xtra. Today I went to test the Caltex with Techron to compare between the petrol brands that was tested previously.

Once I pumped in Caltex with Techron, I felt the engine is smoother but the performance is rather very sluggish. I would say it was pretty bad in performance compared to the other 2 petrol brands I've tested above. The mileage was rather dissapointing as well because I need to step on the pedal hardly to get a pickup and most of the time it pings too. Caltex claims that their Techron petrol would cleans the engine most of the time but in the same it losses its power and it does not give in any greater in performance.

I tested this one my Proton Saga 1.3L Car and it seems not as good as BHPetrol and Petronas. Overall, I would still pick BHPetrol followed by Petronas Primax Xtra and finally would be Caltex with Techron in terms of mileage and performance. Have you tested the Caltex with Techron? If yes, you may posts your comment here to share with me. Overall, Caltex With Techron never delivers in terms of performance but it's good in cleaning the engine as it was rather smooth and quiet. I believe most of you would look into petrol with better performance and mileage. MY RATING: 3/5

No comments: