Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Food Hunt: Plus One Shabu Shabu, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya


Dear All,

Welcome back to yet another edition of Food Hunt and today ME & Kimmy had visited 1 Utama for yet another series of shopping and this time, we manage to buy something as it's currently mega sales as well as the Hari Raya sales is on.

For our dinner, we have tried the Plus One Shabu Shabu and I am regret to tell you that some of the photos that was taken today was wiped off accidentally by me and I have to borrow some from the internet. We arrived at the restaurant at around 7.15pm and the crowd was very less indeed with a few tables occupied. The business is not so impressive too. Both of us sat down and then we take a look at the menu. This is the first time where ME & Kimmy had stepped into this restaurant to try out this Shabu-Shabu and we hope that the food was impressive too. We then select the broth for our steamboat followed by ordering 2 Chicken Sets. Each sets costs about RM28.00 and the broth is FREE. I've chosen Pork Bone with Corn Broth while Kimmy had selected the White Fungus Papaya Broth.

The Chicken Set (RM28.00) that comes with a full set of Chicken (Medium Size) as well another plate of other ingredients in one plate that contains mee, prawn, slices of fish, crab meat stick, golden mushroom, Scallop and lots of vegetables as well. The portion is small size and it could actually filled in 1 person stomach without any hesitation. The ingredients are not so fresh as I can taste some prawns and the chicken where they actually add liquor into the chicken and I can taste it too to ensure the chicken can last longer. The soup meanwhile was a talking point for this whole steamboat thingy. Of course, I would say that the first time you started to cook the ingredients, you will have tasteless soup where it was pretty plain and not much taste until you cook like 20 minutes and then you need to put lots of ingredients inside to cook (such as vegetables, carrot, corns) so that the fragrance of the soup really come into life. By that time I was already eating half way and no fun already. The same goes to Kimmy's comment. The Ice-Lemon Tea (Jug) (RM7.00) meanwhile is nice and you can enjoy a refreshing cup of Ice Lemon Tea by pouring a couple as it comes with a jug and you can share with 2 people.

Overall, the taste of the food is pretty average and not to what I expected because a lot of bloggers and my friends told me that this steamboat restaurant is a must to try but when I stepped in, it was otherwise. I am satisfied with the portion of the food provided (1 person portion) but I would like to say that the price is really very expensive. For 2 person Shabu Shabu meal costs us about RM70.00++ and I think it's not worth it since we only try the Chicken Set Meal. It's nothing so special about it and I will not go again as I have lots of great choices outside there. The only thing that really impress me is the varieties of broth prepared here to serve the customers as most of the broth are pretty special as well but it also does not lived up my expectations as the broth is not so nice either and it took a long time for it to come out with the taste (after 20 minutes of cooking). Also I would like to stress is that the sauce served is also chargeable by headcount where RM1.00 per person but with unlimited sauce you can take. The best sauce so far I've tasted is the Tom Yam sauce which looks pretty special and nice to me. I would still recommend you to try other food over here but please do keep in mind with the price. For more information of the menu and pricing, you may log on to http://www.shabushabu.com.my . Enjoy! MY RATING: 3/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 3/5

* Food & Drinks Rating are based on the food & drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Address:

Lot F337-338, 1st Floor,
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Telephone Number: 03-77253322
Fax Number: 03-77256322
Business Hours: 10.00am - 10.00pm Daily


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Plus One Shabu Shabu said...

Thanks for the good feedback for Plus One Shabu Shabu, please do bring more friends here. Do see another review at http://malaysiafood.org/plus-one-shabu-shabu/