Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Food Hunt: Simply Penang, Sunway Pyramid (Review 2)


Dear All,

Welcome back to yet another edition of Food Hunt and firstly, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year where it's another great year for yet another edition of Food Hunt. Thanks for staying tuned to alexleow-kimmy.com. Today we kicked off our New Year at Sunway Pyramid to shop for Chinese New Year that is coming up pretty soon. After shopping, we have to settle down for dinner located inside the mall as well.

We tried out Simply Penang for the 2nd time and we have not visited this restaurant since February last year. Anyway, we reached the restaurant at about 7.00pm and the restaurant is almost fully occupied too. We sat down and we were immediately served with the menu. I've ordered Nasi Lemak Curry Chicken with Chicken Lok Bak (RM12.90) while Kimmy ordered Penang Famous Assam Laksa (RM8.90). For drinks, I've ordered Pa Poh Herbal Drink (RM2.80) and Kimmy ordered Soya Bean Cold (RM2.80). We've also ordered a 5 pieces Papadam for RM2.50.

The most dissapointing part is that Kimmy's Assam Laksa arrived earlier than mine and I have to wait for about 20 minutes before the food being served and they totally forgot about my order and I am quite pissed off that day. I asked them several times but nobody seems to bother about my order and I was so pissed off too. This had got me minus a lot of marks on their service. Kimmy's Penang Assam Laksa was horrible according to Kimmy as the taste was almost tasteless expect spicy only. I've tried Kimmy's Assam Laksa and I found it's just average only and not nice. It's a very cheap Assam Laksa with no fish inside and only noodles and some vegetables. They are very greedy too. NOT RECOMMENDED to order this dish. For my Nasi Lemak Curry Chicken with Chicken Lok Bak, the curry taste horrible as well as it's not tasty and very plain too. It was not very nice but the rice is above average as the fragrance of the rice says it all. Still it does not make my meal an enjoyable one. The Pat Poh Herbal Drink was good and tasty as it's not too sweet. For Kimmy's Soya Bean Cold drink, it's very nice too. The Papadam was normal and since both of us like Papadam, we just order and eat it. The taste is the same as you ate at mamak stall.

The total bill we pay is around RM32.90 including 10% service charge and it's quite expensive and most importantly the food is not good and the service is slightly bad too. I will not come back to this restaurant anymore considering the level of service and the quality of food. Last time, the service and the quality of the food is good but until I tried today, I will not come back again. I was dissapointed with my dinner and it spoilt my day too. Let's not talk much and I conclude my report here. MY RATING: 2.5/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 2/5

* Food & Drinks Rating are based on the Food & Drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Ambiance: 3/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Customer Service: 2/5

Previous Simply Penang Review:
http://www.alexleow-kimmy.com/2011/01/food-hunt-simply-penang-sunway-pyramid.html

Address:

LG1-41, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Telephone: 03-56219008
Business Hours: 10.00am - 10.00pm Daily


View Larger Map

No comments: