Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Food Hunt: Home Made Fish Head Noodle, Sunway Damansara


Hello folks!

It's time again for yet another Food Hunt edition of 2010 and this time we had planned to look out for food around Sunway Damansara area. The reason is because we just done with our shopping in The Curve which is nearby the area. Then, once we reach Sunway Damansara, we looked our for food and finally we have entered this pretty unique "Green" restaurant named Home Made Fish Head Noodle.

Once we sat down, the waitress quickly brought in their menu whereby there are not much people in the restaurant because it's already dinner time and we predict that not many people will eat Fish Head Noodle. Not only Fish Head Noodle is served here but there are also rice other noodles serve as well. From what I heard, during the afternoon session, this restaurant is packed with people. So without hesitation, I looked at the menu and I was very tempted to try out their Fish Head Noodles.

I have ordered Fish Paste with Yee Mee with soup (with milk) and Kimmy ordered Assam Fish Claypot Rice (see pictures). For drinks, I've ordered Ice Lemon Blackcurrent and Kimmy ordered Carrot Milk. Let me comment on my Fish Paste with Yee Mee. The soup was very tasty (with milk) and the yee mee too was nice. There were 5 pieces of Fish Paste given on one bowl of mee and overall, it's very tasty. It suits my taste. Kimmy tried mine too and she felt it was nice too. Very worth of trying. The Ice Lemon Blackcurrent meanwhile is also very nice and I can feel the soda blackurrent taste and it was very nice. Thumbs up to both of the items I've ordered. Kimmy's Assam Fish Claypot Rice was otherwise. She told me that it sucks big time and the assam fish was totally tasteless and there were not sour nor spicy as well. I've tried it too and I felt the same too. I am wondering how can this dish serve to customers because of its taste! OMG! Well, if you are there, please do not order the Assam Fish Claypot Rice. Bout the carrot milk, Kimmy said it was nice as it is not too sweet and just nice for a healthy drink. The price meanwhile is pretty expensive too but still worth of money if it's nice. My bowl of Fish Paste with Yee Mee with soup costs about RM8.90 and Kimmy's Assam Fish Claypot Rice costs about RM9.50. Drinks meanwhile costs RM4.90 (Ice Lemon Blackcurrent) and RM3.90 (Carrot Milk).



I would recommend you to this restaurant but limited to Fish Head Noodles only because of its specialities. If you are a big fan of Fish Head Noodles, then this place is definately suits you and I believe you would enjoy its Fish Head Mee big time. Come and try it and see the difference! Enjoy! MY RATING: 5/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 2/5

*Rating based on the food ordered & not overall food


Address:

8-1 & 10-1,
Jalan PJU 5/5,
Dataran Sunway,
Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Telephone: 03-61417978
Business Hours: 10.30am-10.30pm daily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i have also tasted and it is the best so far. the ones in penang are ok but Home Made Fish Head Noodle at Sunway Damansara is the best. I hope they will open a branch in Penang. I am sure this will be a very good franchise business and there will be plenty of money to be made in Penang.