Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Food Hunt: La Teh Restaurant, Sri Sinar, Segambut (UPDATE 2)


Dear All,

Welcome back to yet another edition of Food Hunt where ME & Kimmy had once again arrived at La Teh Restaurant located at Sri Sinar, Segambut and we had a great time dining in but I am a little bit dissapointed as I am having a bad toothache but still I am trying my best to enjoy the food with the pain. We reached the restaurant at about 8.00pm and there crowd is quite a lot too but still there's place for you to sit. We managed to find a place to sit and again we browse through the menu for about 10 minutes before deciding what to eat.

Finally I've ordered Thai Pad Thai (RM11.95) which I missed out during my first visit previously. Kimmy ordered Nasi Ketuk Seafood with Sambal Petai (RM16.95). For drinks I've ordered Lychee Watermelon (RM8.95) while Kimmy ordered Cucumber Sour Plum (RM8.95). Besides, we've also ordered a side dish that would be Lemongrass Drumstick (RM8.95). The food does not take very long to arrive and we are satisfied with their service as well.

The Thai Pad Thai is a must try. Many people had commented before that this dish is a must try when you are here and finally I manage to try it out. Although I am having a tough time enjoying my meal due to mouth ulcer pain, still I can taste the Thai Pad Thai is nice and delicious. The taste is just nice and it contains of 3 elements spicy, sweet and sour as well. Great dish to try out when you are here next time. About the Nasi Ketuk Seafood with Sambal Petai, it was a bit dissapointing rather. The rice is nice but the Seafood and Sambal Petai is very sour and it should not be sour instead. It's nice when it served spicy and sour. If compared to Nasi Ketuk Ayam Tandoori, Nasi Ketuk Ayam Tandoori is nice and way better than the Seafood with Sambal Petai. Still it's average and since I like to eat petai, no problem for me.


Lychee Watermelon (RM8.95)

Cucumber with Sour Plum (RM8.95)

The best comes from the Lemongrass Drumstick where the taste is nice. It's a kind of satay but the meat is then stick together with the 'serai'. This is really nice and the fragrance is really perfect as well. Love the taste of this dish. Recommended to order. Finally the drinks that we've ordered. The Watermelon Lychee was somehow nice as it was not too sweet and the lychee given was huge and sweet too. You can just imagine by looking at the picture. For the Cucumber Sour Plum, it was also nice indeed. The cucumber taste was just nice and not too sweet too and it also maintain the sour plum taste as well. Recommended to order both of these drinks.


Lemongrass Drumstick (RM8.95)


Nasi Ketuk Seafood & Sambai Petai (RM16.95)

Thai Pad Thai (RM11.95)

The price as I mentioned on my first post earlier if you read it where the prices is slightly expensive but as long you have a satisfying meal, you will still pay the amount of money. For 2 main course, 1 side dishes and 2 cup of drinks, it costs me about RM62.00 plus 10% Service Charge and I guess it would be just nice. Have you tried out the Nanyang cuisine over here? This is already my second post and I hope one day you can go and try it out as well. For the first posting please read it here: http://www.alexleow-kimmy.com/2011/11/food-hunt-la-teh-restaurant-sri-sinar.html. Enjoy your meal. MY RATING: 5/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 4/5

* Food & Drinks Rating are based on the food & drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Ambiance: 5/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Customer Service: 5/5

Address:

30, Block A Plaza Sinar, Jalan 8/38D,
Taman Sri Sinar, Segambut,

51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Telephone: 03-6262 1626
Fax: 03-62621626

E-Mail: info@lateh.com.my

Website: http://www.lateh.com.my



View Larger Map

No comments: