Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Food Hunt: Nam Heong (南香茶室) Restaurant, Ipoh


Hello All,

Welcome back to yet another edition of Food Hunt and I am here today at Nam Heong (南香茶室) Ipoh Old Town Restaurant to try out their food over here. Apparently, it had been quite a long time that I did not try out this restaurant and I remember it was like 3-4 years back. It's always been nice to be back to my hometown and try out the food to see whether it has changed or not. Well, I can say it certainly does not. It still remain the taste there and it was so lovely. I went breakfast today with my family at 9.45am and it was so crowded with people since today is Sunday.

I've ordered Ipoh White Coffee (cold) while my father and mother shared a cup of hot white coffee. For main course, I've ordered the Prawn Mee while my mother ordered Chee Cheong Fun. My father did not eat anything as he already had his breakfast early in the morning before I woke up. OK. Many of you including those staying outside Ipoh would like to know how was the food tastes like as I believe many of you have heard about Nam Heong and Sun Yuan Loong as these 2 restaurants were among the famous ones in Ipoh. Alright, the prawn mee (RM3.80) was great and the taste was amazing. Long time I did not try out such as nice prawn mee already. The Chee Cheong Fun (RM3.00) meanwhile was fantastic and lovely. But if you want fast service, you need to go and order and collect it yourself (self service) instead. The Ipoh White Coffee Iced (RM1.30) and Hot White Coffee (RM1.10) was simply marvelous. Finally I get a chance to taste the real taste of Ipoh White Coffee and it was great.

Overall, the price and the food was simply cheaper than the ones back in Kuala Lumpur. I am sure food lovers would come here to try out the specialties of the famous food over here. If you had been here, perhaps you would have know that it serves the best food ever can be found in Ipoh town and if you haven't been here, do come here and try it out. Opposite Nam Heong is the Sun Yuan Loong and this restaurant is also famous among the people around Malaysia. You can try both of this restaurants and I can tell you, you will never regret trying them out. Enjoy! MY RATING: 5/5

*Food & Drinks Rating are based on the Food & Drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Address:

2, Jalan Bandar Timah,
30000, Ipoh, Perak.
Telephone: 016-5538119 or 012-5888766
Business Hours: 8.00am - 4.00pm (Please call for Off Days. Not valid during weekends)


View Larger Map

No comments: