Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Food Hunt: Sweet Chat Cafe, Mid Valley Megamall



Hi All,

I was a wonderful evening perhaps for Kimmy but not for me because today I suffered from some mild fever. But before all this, I manage to put aside my sickness and I went to look for some Food Hunt at Mid Valley itself after watching movie. Without wasting any time, I decided to bring Kimmy to Sweet Chat Cafe inside Mid Valley Megamall because I've tried the food before as well as the dessert and it tastes superbly wonderful and nice. Without wasting any more time, we and Kimmy sat down and look at the menu.


For me, I've know what to pick already because I am familiar with this cafe already and Kimmy will take some time to look at the menu because she's new to this cafe. I've ordered the Pasta Set whereby it consists of some selection but I've selected the Smoked Beef Pasta, a cup of drink where I have selected the Blue Ocean and a dessert which I've selected the Pulut Hitam with Tong Yuen (Almond Cream) (see pictures). For this one, I have to give my comments separately. For the pasta, it was not as nice as it seems because the beef is too salty and not up to my expectations (Maybe you will like the taste). The Blue Ocean drink tastes like soda drink and it's pretty nice to consume as well. Lastly the dessert Pulut Hitam with Tong Yuen (Almond Cream flavoured) was simply the best. It was so tasty and great and one of the best that I've ever tried before. MY FOOD RATING: 3/5 ; MY DRINKS / DESSERTS RATING: 5/5


For Kimmy, she ordered the Pasta with spicy beef and Kiwi Sorbet (Char) (see pictures). She did not ordered the set meal because she could not finished it. She told alexleow-kimmy.com that the Pasta with Spicy Beef is not very nice and it very dissapointing. She doesn't like the taste of it and that is why she gave a low marks on this food. I did try some of the pasta and found it tastes like Indian Rojak. Depends on you whether you accept it or not so it's very subjective to give marks on this one. For the Kiwi Sorbet (Char), it was very nice and tasty as well as juicy. I tried some too and found the same comments as what Kimmy gave. It was totally nice. KIMMY FOOD RATING: 2/5 ; KIMMY DRINKS / DESSERTS RATING: 5/5.



Overall the food wasn't that attractive but I still recommend you to try the Black Pepper Chicken with Pasta if you plan to visit Sweet Chat Cafe in future. It was totally nice. This one I've tried previously on this cafe. But a piece of reminder that each and every of the pasta served there are all VERY SPICY. If you plan to try other pasta besides the black pepper chicken, think twice again. But I strongly recommend you the drinks and desserts there because it was simply amazing and wonderful. The price was pretty reasonable and it's not expensive at all. The bill came and my set was RM16.90 meanwhile Kimmy's set costs RM10.90 (Pasta with Spicy Beef ) and the Kiwi Sorbet (Char) costs about RM6.90. Including tax, overall we are charged RM39.90 and it's still reasonable despite the pasta were not up to our expectations. If you plan to visit Sweet Chat Cafe in Mid Valley, remember to try out their drinks or desserts only and their food is not so recommended. Have a nice day in food hunt! :)

Address:

Lot F-079, First Floor,
South Court, Mid Valley Megamall, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Business Hours: 10:00am to 10:00pm (daily)
Telephone: Not Available

No comments: