Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cinema Movie: A Christmas Carol (Digital 3D)


Release Date: 19 November 2009

Language: English

Running Time: 1 hour 36 minutes

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Cast: Jim Carrey, Colin Firth, Gary Oldman, Robin Wright Penn.

Synopsis:

Charles Dickens' timeless tale of an old miser who must face the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet-to-Come, as they help bring kindness to his otherwise cold heart. The Ghosts remind him of the man he used to be, the hard truth of what the world is today, and what will happen if he does not strive to be a better man. Set around Christmas, the most joyous day of the year, Scrooge realizes the sharp contrast of his own personality. Jim Carrey plays four separate roles in this updated version of "A Christmas Carol." Carrey portrays Scrooge, as well as the three ghosts (Past, Present, and Yet-to-Come). Robert Zemeckis ("Back to the Future" trilogy) has his chance to dabble in telling a story through the windows of time, as he directs the long-awaited remake.
______________________________________________________

My Comments: This week is yet another busy weekend for me as I've attended my friend wedding on Friday and work on Saturday and today I manage to spend my Sunday watching movie yet again. This time, I've selected GSC 1 Utama as my destination to watch movie yet again. This movie that I've watched is slighly pretty different then the previous movie that I've watched because this movie is a 3D format. A Christmas Carol is the movie that me & Kimmy have picked for this weekend and we had also planned to go for the 3D version. I remember the last movie I've watched in 3D is Journey To The Center OF The Earth.


OK. Let's go straight to the movie comments. Firstly, since I am watching the Digital 3D format, I would like to comment on the 3D effects before proceeding on giving comments on the storyline. The 3D effects was amazing and perfect and it's nice to watch which gives you total maximum experience of 3D effects and many of the effects looks so real and you can even see the chracters very near to your eyes . WARNING: You might felt a little dizzy while watching the movie and you are advised to close your eyes a little and re-open it back. Before entering the cinemas, you will be given a set of 3D spectacles / glasses and we are get set to go! It's worth of it watching the 3D format because it's cater for 3D effects. About the storyline, it was a very simple storyline and it's mainly cater for kids. There's nothing so special about it and it was totally a family movie for all to enjoy and the storyline was just average. Besides, there will be no subtitles on the 3D format and the language that used in the movie was purely english but it was pretty tough to hear at times and I doubt childen will understand the english because they are using heavy english slang which makes the movie not so voice-friendly. It would be better to have subtitles in future. I would recommend you to this movie and please go for the 3D Digital Format and not the normal format. There are too many entertaining scenes inside the you could experience in 3D format. Enjoy! MY RATING: 4/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 4/5

No comments: