Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Food Hunt: Rakuzen Kitchen, Desa Park City, Kepong


Dear All,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for sending me your birthday wishes for today. And in the same time since it's my birthday, I would also like to thank my darling Kimmy Chung as she treat me for tonight dinner at Rakuzen Kitchen located at Desa Park City in Kepong. We had a great time there celebrating my birthday. We reach the restaurant at about 7.45pm and there's a lot of people inside the restaurant but there's also some empty tables yet to be occupied. The service is very good where once we were shown to our table, they immediately provide us with the menu. We browse through the menu and it took us about 10 minutes to decide what to eat although the menu is simple but the price also we are considering as well.


Finally we've decided and ordered 1 plate of Ebikko Sushi ( 2 pcs) (RM6.00), Cranky Slim Maki (RM16.00), Unakyu (also known as Unagi) Temaki (RM10.00), California Temaki (RM8.00) and Tekka Maki (RM9.00). For the main course, I am the one one ordered while Kimmy only enjoy the sushi's. I've ordered the Yakinikujyu (Rice with beef) (RM26.00). We did order 2 glasses of Green Tea and it's Free Of Charge. It does not take very long for the food to arrive and it only takes about 5 minutes and it came. Wow! Amazing and since we are hungry! Burppp!



The Ebikko Sushi is really nice where it's very fresh indeed. The rice is really juicy and soft too. It's much more better than the ones we eat at Sakae or Sushi King. I have to admit that for the price we pay, it's really a difference. For the Cranky Slim Maki, it's also very delicious where it has a layer of unagi inside with the love shape. The presentation is really good and most importantly, it's very delicious indeed. About the Tekka Maki, this sushi presentation comes in pairs and it has a different taste and it's nice too. All the sushi made by the same rice and therefore the rice is really juicy and soft too. For the California Temaki, there's nothing special about it except the seaweed is pretty hard to bite else it was fine. The same goes to Unakyu Temaki. Most importantly, the ingredients made is fresh. For the main course, it's the Yakinikujyu (Rice with Beef set). It's a a rice set box that comes with a miso soup. On top the rice serves the beef slices and the portion is really huge and the beef comes with a big portion too. I can't believe that I ate a lot of beef today and I could not imagine that they gave me a lot of beef. Probably they cannot finish the beef and too less people order and they gave me a lot. My opinion only la! Thumbs up! The taste meanwhile is too good to describe and it's almost perfect. The rice is not too dry and it has a mild cheesy flavour inside it. The beef meanwhile is a must try as it's very fresh, juicy and tender as well. I tell you what, I had a satisfying meal together with Kimmy as well. Please see photos for the food and WARNING that the food would tempt you.

Ebikko Sushi (RM3.00 per piece)

Cranky Slim Maki (RM16.00)

California Temaki (RM8.00) & Unakyu Temaki (RM10.00)

Yakinikujyu (RM26.00)

Tekka Maki (RM9.00)
The price overall is quite expensive but for the quality of food we get and pay for I guess it's reasonable. For my theory, food is expensive is OK as long as it has a good quality. We have to pay about RM87.00 ( includes 10% service charge and 6% government tax) for this meal but I think both of us had a satisfying meal and nice green tea as well. I would fully recommend you to come over to any Rakuzen branch to try out the food that I've just introduced to you just now. Enjoy! MY RATING: 5/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 4/5

* Food & Drinks rating are based on the food & drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks.

Ambience: 5/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Value Of Food: 4/5
Customer Service: 5/5

Address:

GF-07, The Waterfront @ Parkcity,
5, Persiaran Residen, Desa Park City,
52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Telephone: 03-62808310
Business Hours: 11.00am - 10.00pm Daily


View Larger Map

No comments: