Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Food Hunt: Penang Recipe, 1 Utama Shopping Complex


Hello folks,

Welcome back to yet another edition of the Food Hunt where ME & Kimmy is back in action again. This week is definately a busy week for me too because I need to settle my car stuff. Well, still I cannot ignore the food hunt where I still would love to try out new food and of course introduce to you fellow visitors, who had been very loyal to surf my blog. Thanks a much for that! If you're here for the first time, I would like to welcome you and do enjoy the food hunt updates from time to time.

I am at 1 Utama and after watching movie, ME & Kimmy had decided to try out Penang Food again and this time we had chosen Penang Recipe as our choice. This is the first time we are here and without any hesitation, we will try out its specialities over here. I've ordered Nasi Lemak with Pandan Rice Curry Chicken (RM8.50) while Kimmy ordered Assam Laksa (RM6.50). For drinks, I've ordered Penang White Coffee Ice (RM2.80) and Kimmy ordered Homemade Longan Juice (RM2.50).

Let's go straight to the food comments. The Nasi Lemak with Pandan Rice Curry Chicken was just average. There's nothing special about it and it's pretty normal. The only special is the Pandan Rice and in my opinion, the rice is also just normal only. I would say Old Town Nasi Lemak is much more better. For Kimmy's Assam Laksa, it was somehow average too as the soup is a pretty sour. You need to add a lot of Prawn Paste into it to cover the sour taste. For drinks, both also just normal and nothing special about it. The price meanwhile is average as it's not too expensive nor cheap too (RM20.60 including tax). If you are there, you can try it out but I would not recommend you to try it out as there's nothing special about it. The weird thing is how they can actually get good grades from TV3's show Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan and 988 DJ as well. MY RATING: 3/5 ; KIMMY RATING: 3/5

* Rating is based on the food & drinks we've ordered and not overall food & drinks

Address:

F66 (1st Floor), 1 Utama Shopping Complex,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya.
Telephone: 016-2177496 (Fanny Goh)
Business Hours: 10.00am - 10.30pm (Daily)



View Larger Map

No comments: