Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lifestyle: Same Brand, Same Model but a brand new watch.....


Time is everyday part of life. What if time stops or it never turn back time? If it does so, it will caused chaos to the world and human alike. Now how can we judge or adjust the time? Of course, with a watch, you are able to see what is the time now and able to plan your journey, work, dating etc. ahead. Today I am going to share with you about a story about my watch.

In the past 1 month, my watch joint had worn out and there's no way I can fix it except having a temporarily solution by sticking it using a 2-way tape (see picture below). I am very sad because finally this watch have to pave way for a new watch after I have wore it for about 10 years since I was primary school and guess what, it is still in good condition without any repairs. The watch is still working perfectly but not the surface of the watch whereby I have change the watch belt for several times until the joint had worn out and I brought to the shop and I was told they were unable to fix this for me. I kept on looking for the same model and for the past 1 month I have failed to find for it even in searching in mostly all major supermarkets.

Today marks the historical day for me (26th September 2009) as I've finally found the watch. Located at the city of the golden triangle, Bukit Bintang has made its name popular and the mall surrounding the area. At Sg. Wang Plaza inside a tiny shop named Syarikat Perniagaan Jam Pertama is the place where I manage to find the shop. Thanks to my brother Alan Leow who saw the watch being sold at the shop. I manage to ask the lady how much does the watch costs and she said RM45.00. Without any hesitation, I purchase the SAME BRAND & MODEL and it's a brand new watch.I am so happy for today by manage to find for my favourite watch. I like this watch because it has the most simpliest functions among other watches. It also convinient for me to wear it at home or while sleeping. Thank God I've found you CASIO F-91W (see pictures below).

1 comment:

«JO-N»™ said...

(^_^) My dad has the same watch many years ago. Sorta loan to my sis too, then. I think Casio no longer produce this model, rite? Now all new range di. I can understand how you feel, the nostalgic feelin' of a watch that has followed you for years. The story that I told you in FB? My dad gave me when I just entered high school. It's a non-branded Carlsberg watch which is not available over the counter. I often rotate my watches. Daily usage & for occasions, even till now. So each watch last longer. From battery to strap changes. It stopped abruptly one day & was told by the expert it's the watch's mechanism faulty. I was very upset I had to look for a new analog watch with a date feature. Boy, was it tough to look for an affordable & look good at the same time. Went to a few shops within two days & I finally found one & bought it without hesitation as it was a steal(PLC). The same night, my old faulty watch worked again! It was so weird. I even told the salesgirl the next day (she helped me checked the watch before) & joked that my old watch jealous that owner bought new watch! *LOL* It never stopped thereafter but think it's still kinda unstable. I really hope it's gonna be alright & continue to be with me though it has grown rusty through the years!