Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Leisure: Maxis Broadband with New 7.2Mbps Huawei E1762 Modem


Welcome back folks,

It's time to introduce yet another gadgets for your leisure. Introducing the Maxis Broadband which comes with a free modem (22nd March - 30th April 2010). This time, Maxis introduced it's latest modem with is the Huawei Mobile Broadband Model: E1762. This modem can supports up to 7.2Mbps and you can sign up at the promotional price now. Refer Maxis website for more information.

I've subscribe to it and try out the speed. Out of my expectation, the modem performed perfectly where I can get 2MB above at my residents here in Kelana Jaya. Previously by using my own modem (up to 3.6Mbps only), I can only go up to 1Mbps only. The speed was awesome and it just took me approximately 2 minutes to load the full video (MV). Attached is also a screenshot that I take from speedtest.net website and it was brilliant to say.

If you haven't sign up, you can do so now as what I can see is that the Maxis Broadband service had improved a lot but I think it still depends on your location. If you are unsure, make sure you ask your friends who stay within that area first on how the connection would be like. For me, I would rate Maxis Broadband 5 stars. Worth a try! Better connection than streamyx. MY RATING: 5/5

No comments: