Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lifestyle: Petronas Primax 95 Xtra


Dear All,

Welcome back to yet another edition of Fuel review. In my previous posts, I've introduced the BHPetrol Infinity Advanced 2X and now it's my great pleasure to inform to you all that we have a new fuel in town that was out like 1 month plus back. The latest innovation from this giant oil company in Malaysia has shown that they would like to stay competitive in the oil & gas business as well.

Introducing the new fuel from Petronas and it's called Petronas Primax 95 Xtra. This latest so-called "Mystery Fuel" had a lot of talking points recently as many people has said that it could be a marketing gimmick and it's only the change of name (rebranding) and the fuel performance remain the same. It also claims that it has a synthetic detergent that can help to cleanses the engine to reduce internal friction for better efficiency to deliver a smooth top-tier performance driving experience. The efficiency enhancement achieved translates into more kilometers travel for every liter of fuel used.

Now, we shall stop talking about these rumours and we shall start trying the petrol. It's easy to said without trying it and you would never know who's right and who's wrong. I have tried this petrol since 3 weeks back and it had been my 3rd tank filling up this new fuel and the results are absolutely satisfying. The engine is much more quieter and smoother and it definitely gives me more kilometers. Last time when I pump BHPetrol, it gives me about 10.5 to 11.0 litre per 100KM but now with the Petronas Primax 95 Xtra, it gives me about 8.5 to 10.0 litre per 100KM and it looks pretty good to me. I am driving a 1.3L Proton Saga (Auto) BLM car. Futhermore, with BHPetrol, the engine sounds rougher and now with this new fuel, it sounds pretty much quieter and it has almost have the same feel as the 97 product but not quite at that level just yet.

I was amazed by the product of Petronas new fuel and I vowed to try in another fuel tanks to decide whether I changed my mind or not. If I did not update this post, it means that I am satisfy with their performance after more tanks filled with Primax 95 Xtra and if not , I will update you guys again in my blog to inform that the performance had dropped and so on. Guys & Girls, I would recommend you to try out this fuel as it gives your excellent performance on your car and you can feel the difference. Once you floor your pedal lightly, you already can feel the difference and you car can fell like it's already going and the pickup is much more better than other fuels (RON95 only) so far in the market. Enjoy! MY RATING: 5/5

*Note: This comparison only apply to RON95 fuel only and not related at all to RON97 fuel.

No comments: