Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Food Hunt: Sakae Sushi, 1 Utama

Today is Sunday and once again, me and Kimmy were at 1 Utama today to catch a movie. After the movie around 4.30pm, we do yet another window shopping session until about 6.15pm. Then I have decided to bring Kimmy to eat Sakae Sushi as I have a RM10 voucher with me courtesy of my brother Alan Leow.



Once we arrived at Sakae Sushi 1 Utama Old Wing, then we started to look for a seat. The restaurant is still less people because it's still early for dinner time. But me & Kimmy reach there already because we are kinda hungry. So once the waiter came, we immedietely ordered 2 glasses of Green Tea with one hot and one cold. It's at RM1 per glass with refillable green tea. After that we straight go the the menu. Only I have ordered the main course as Kimmy only take sushi for her dinner. For me, I've ordered Teriyaki Chicken Don (see picture below). This is actually some kind of a soya sauce ketchup chicken rice but it's much more better than its name. The Teriyaki Chicken Don is filled with onions, chicken and with the Japanese soya sauce. The taste was amazing and it was very tasty. It's not HOT and everyone can have it. I would recommend this dish to all of you if you are at Sakae Sushi. The price for this is about RM10.80. It's actually not value for money and it's quite expensive because the portion is kinda small. If you would like to pay more for its food quality, then go ahead as this is very worth it with the amount money you pay.


Kimmy does not ordered any main course and she only ordered Sushi (see pictures below). Overall we ordered many plates of sushi's. The sushi overall is fresh but the rice is not as good as Sushi King. The rice is pretty soft and a bit sour as well. Since the rice is soft, it will lost its taste to other toppings at the top of the sushi and it should be ate together. There's 1 sushi that I like the most is the Fried Maki. It's a normal sushi but it had been fried into perfection and this sushi is nice as it's still hot to eat and the taste it still there. The only thing I like is the Wasabi where it's not too HOT compared to Sushi King. Next about the Temaki we've ordered. Overall it's little dissapointing because the amount of ingredients that they use is very less and the taste also not very good as Sushi King. I can tell you, so far Sushi King's temaki is far more better than anyone else including Sakae Sushi.



At about 7.15pm, we have finishing eating and we proceed to the counter to pay our bills. The total bill came RM42.85 and I have a RM10 voucher to de deducted as well. So I pay RM32.85 only. Overall, the food quality especially Sushi had dropped in Sakae Sushi compared to last time. I can feel that Sushi King still maintain it's best sushi quality compared to others in the market at the moment. If you were to try Sakae Sushi in 1 Utama, perhaps you may want to think again and perhaps you rather try Sushi King for more satisfaction? If you insists of trying Sakae Sushi, just go ahead and tell me the feedback whether was I telling lies or not ? Haha! Maybe I must admit that different people have different taste but Kimmy also giving me the same comments too. MY RATING: 3/5 KIMMY RATING: 3/5



Address:

Lot G 212, Ground Floor Promenade
1 Utama Shopping Centre
No.1 Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya,Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel : 603-7726 6428
Fax : 603-7726 6429
Business Hours: 11.00am - 10.30pm daily

No comments: