Announcement: We will be back with a fresh new look at 2015. Stay tuned!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Food Hunt: River View Restaurant, Pasir Penambang, Kuala Selangor


It was a fine Sunday morning. Earlier ME, Kimmy and Alan had decided to go to eat Seafood. We have decided to drive all the way to Kuala Selangor to enjoy the fresh seafood over there. Today, I woke up at about 11 in the morning and after that went out lunch with Kimmy. I wore my favourite football team Liverpool shirt out today. After lunch, we went for some walk and then at about 4pm, I came back to Kelana Jaya to fetch my brother Alan then we are all set to go to Kuala Selangor.




It was a tiring journey as I went to Shah Alam for a while before continuing my journey to Hailam Village Seafood in Port Klang (Noth Port). Well, we never eat there though but we only survey the place as we know where can we head to for seafood next time in Klang. We manage to find the place and then we left the place and we headed straight to Kuala Selangor. Thanks to my GPS set who brought me there. I drove all the way from Kapar towards Kuala Selangor and it was about 30KM drive from Kapar, Klang. Since I haven't tried out the road, so I've decided to use the road to head towards Kuala Selangor. We reach Kuala Selangor at about 5.00pm and firstly I have brought my brother and Kimmy up to Bukit Malawati. It was a nice view over there and we do really enjoy it.






Finally at about 7.00pm, we have reached Pasir Penambang and locate the River View Restaurant. Actually this is my 4th time in this restaurant but for Alan and Kimmy, it was their first time. Then we started to look for the menu as our stomach had began to Grrrr......Hungry! OK! It's business time. Once the waiter had come to order for the food, we have ordered 5 dishes. The dishes are the SWEET, SOUR & SPICY FISH, BUTTER PRAWN, SATAY SAUCE SOTONG, BAMBOO SEAFOOD ("CHUK TAN") & GREEN CURRY CRABS (see picture). OK! Let me tell you guys a little about the dishes that we've ordered. Bout the Sweet, Sour & Spicy Fish, I like the taste very much as it has the suitable taste that I wanted.


The Satay Sauce Sotong meanwhile is just average. Nothing special but what I acknoledged is that the Sotong is real fresh and when you bite it, you will feel the crunchiness of the squid. About the Bamboo Seafood, it was rather fresh as well and the taste was nice also. Finally the Green Curry Crab was fantastic. It's the restaurant recommended dish. We've ordered 1KG and it's just nice for the 3 of us. Bout the price, we have no comments as we ordered 5 dishes (including drinks, rice & tidbits) and the bill came RM101.00. It's not expensive and value for money. We left the restaurant at about 9.00pm and arrived at Kuala Lumpur around 10.30PM. If you got a chance, remember to go and try out this restaurant situated at Pasir Penambang, Kuala Selangor. RATING: 5/5

Address:
Riverview Seafood Restaurant,
No. 1, Jalan Besar,
45000, Pasir Penambang
Kuala Selangor.
Contact : 03-32892238
Fax : 03-32896369

___________________________________________________________

Other Comments:


Kimmy: She told alexleow-kimmy.com that the food was just nice and above average but not into perfection. She told me that the fish is not sweet, sour and spicy enough. Others all were above average. The dish that she like the most among the 5 dishes is the BUTTER PRAWN. Her RATING: 3/5

Alan: He told alexleow-kimmy.com that we food as above average too but not into perfection. He never critics about the food that much but he said he compared a lot of places for seafood, it was nothing special and just normal. RATING: 4/5

No comments: